About Me

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nail Be Gone


Have you ever had one of those moments where you go to a sporting event only to be a onlooker/cheerleader but somehow keep on getting pulled into the game? Yesterday my ward had a pick-up game of soccer and invited anyone that wanted to come, I don't play soccer but four of my roommates were going to play and I thought that it would be fun to go and support them (you know something to get me out of the house). It was a beautiful day with the sun-shining and I was enjoying myself but for some reason the ball kept on being attracted to me...I would say that it came flying at me at least 5 times!
The last time is what really did it for me though, I was looking at something on my phone when I looked up and saw the ball flying towards my face, I put my hands up to block the ball. The ball flipped up and went behind me, I suddenly noticed a little of tingling on my hand, I looked down and noticed that a nail was missing from my left hand! I started looking around trying to find it when Josh (from my ward) pointed it out to me 10-15 feet from where I was sitting, he said that he saw it flip from my hand and land there.
And that is how I got "injured" without even playing the game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment