About Me

Friday, January 13, 2017

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

(I am not implying that my mom is Humpty Dumpty with the title) Tuesday afternoon I was at work when I got a call from my mom asking me if I could come and pick her up as she had fallen and hurt herself at the store and couldn't drive herself to the doctors. I immediately called Davey and asked if I could leave to go get my mom (I realized that this was yet another blessing from this job, Davey said to go without hesitation, even asking if there was anything that he could do), I picked up mom at Hobby Lobby in Orem and took her to instacare. We found out that she had fractured her wrist (🙁) and it might cause her mission to be delayed.
Derek was so nice, after he got off work he came and met us at instacare, drove back to my car at Hobby Lobby in Orem and then drove my car home for me.
Today mom went to a different doctor and found out that she is going to have to have surgery on her wrist (the doctor said that the fracture is big enough that her hand could heal wrong and cause her to more likely have arthritis in her hand). She is supposed to have the surgery in a week and then has eight weeks of healing which means her mission will get pushed back about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment