About Me

Monday, January 26, 2009

Family Mission Statement

For my SFL 105 class (Home and Family Life) today we had to turn in a Family Mission Statement, either one for our current family or one that we will hope to use for our future families, as I obviously don't have a "family" at the moment (sorry to my family--I just mean that I haven't started to create a family of my own yet) I wrote one for my future family. I was having a little bit of difficulty at first with this assignment, my teacher wasn't very specific in what she was looking for or what format she wanted it done in, searching the internet did not do much for help either, all I could find was Stephen Covey's example from his book "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People":

The mission of our family is...

to create a nurturing place of order, truth, love, happiness, and relaxation; and...

to provide opportunities for each person to become

responsibly independent and effectively interdependent,...

in order to achieve worthwhile purposes.

Our Family Mission

To love each other...

To help each other...

To believe in each other...

To wisely use our time, talents, and resources to bless others...

To worship together...

Forever.

Which was not exactly what I wanted to do and if I just used it, it would obviously not be doing the assignment anyway. I was just sitting at my computer when it hit me and I got this awesome idea, I started typing very quickly before it disappeared. I am still not sure if it is what my professor wanted, but I am happy with it and hope that I will really be able to use it for my future family.

The Family Mission Statement:

To create a HOME of ZION with LOVE,

To LOVE with ACCEPTANCE,

To ACCEPT with COMFORT,

To COMFORT with KINDNESS,

To be KIND with SERVICE,

To SERVE with KINDNESS,

To be KIND with COMFORT,

To COMFORT with ACCEPTANCE,

To ACCEPT with LOVE,

To LOVE by creating a HOME of ZION,

A family or a home is not created in just one day or with one action; it is something that is created by small daily acts of kindness and love that we do for each other. Each part of this family mission statement represents the small things that we as members of a family can do for each other daily-- sometimes just by saying “Hi, how was your day?”; other times it might be by doing someone’s chores for them. Our mission as a family will be to do small daily acts individually and collectively, to make them a priority and to show daily each person of the family that we love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment