About Me

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Relay for Life 2009

For those of you that don't know Relay for Life is a "fundraiser" that communities do every year to raise money for Cancer research, for a couple of years while working at JC I have participated and walked for a couple of hours. This year I wasn't sure if I would have time off to walk and then when I discovered that I all the time slots were filled up. But Mom and I decided to purchase a Luminaria bag and decorate it for Dad. Friday evening they line the track with the luminaria bags and then at about 10 pm they light all the candles, it is such a beautiful thing to see the track all lit up. Last night Mom and I went a little before 10pm and found Dad's bag and took pictures of it lit up, Momma M had also bought one for her Dad who passed away several years ago from Cancer so we took some pictures of her's also lit up. I love how involved JC is in raising money, this year our goal was $5,000 and I know that we had raised over $5,500 when we still had another event happening...If I am home next year I hope to be able to walk again.





1 comment: