About Me

Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Believe In Christ

Last week I was feeling the pressure of a lot of things-finance, what classes to take, my grades, my relationships with friends and family, my goals in life, and my testimony- nothing new, but they all seemed to be bogging me down at the same time. We were having a dinner party and I decided to just go outside and sit down on the porch, to take a chance to stare at the sky as it seems to generally relax and soothe me. I had not been sitting very long when Sister Hill sat down beside me; she started scratching my back and asked me what was wrong. I hadn’t really planned on telling her but I found myself telling her all of my worries. She sat there quietly rubbing my back and listening, when I was finished she told me a little of her own worries and problems that she had, had when she was thinking about and preparing to come on her mission. She said that she had prayed and that everything seemed to fall into place and told me that if I keep praying and studying my scriptures that it would all “come to pass” and it would work itself out with the Lord’s help.
I guess that I am the kind of person that doesn’t believe at first or that needs repetition because this morning in Relief Society we were having music moment. They had chosen an arrangement of I Believe In Christ, and as I was sitting quietly listening to it, it hit me, I do believe in Christ. I realized that for some reason my faith had been lacking and that as long as I do as Sister Hill had counseled- pray and read my scriptures then all of those small things that I have been worrying about lately, they won’t matter. They will all work out or they won’t, and as long as I do rely on Heavenly Father and my faith then it will all be ok.
I think that sometimes I forget all that I have to help me in my life, but I am grateful that I have the Holy Ghost and those around me to remind me of what I do have. I know that just realizing all of this will not solve my problems, I still have to do much of the work, but I do remember now that I have something to use as a support, a guide and a comfort to help me along the way.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great story. I know that I often have to be reminded that things will work and that my Heaven Father knows what's going on in my life and has a plan. I never thought I would be where I am right now, but I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, you are so wonderful! You are so amazing, you do so much and you do it so well, I am so impressed by all you do and your amazing spiritual strength, you rock!

    ReplyDelete