About Me

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wedding Reception

I suppose that since I have already posted part of the pictures from Halloween that I should start by writing about the actual event and then finish posting the pictures, but before I do that I feel that I should write about stuff that happened before Halloween so that I won’t forget about it. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend a wedding reception, the wife was from my branch and the groom was from Hualien branch.

As I pulled up to the church on my bike the entrance had posts made of balloons, lots of them everywhere, I continued in and found that there was even more balloons and streamers leading up the stairs to the 3rd floor. At the top of the stairs there was a table with a picture album that was probably 18-20 inches by 12-14 inches with pictures almost the same size, behind it on the wall hung an even bigger picture of them. The pictures were amazing, you could tell that the quality was very high and the paper that they were printed on beautiful and it was just so clear. Stephanie told me that when I get married I should come to Taiwan for my honeymoon and that I could get some pictures taken (isn’t that a great reason to come to Taiwan, for pictures?...sorry Nathan and Sallee we should have gotten you some while you were here).

I walked into the gym and there were rows of people sitting (yeah we were late) listening to some guy talk at the front, we were lucky to find a couple of seats and sat down and watched what was happening, we only really understood half of what was being said. It started with this guy talking and then I am pretty sure that both of the parents talked at one point and even the sister of the bride said some stuff. Once they were done with all the talking we were invited to go to the back and eat food.

I got up and walked through the balloon arch (yes there was a balloon arch that was probably 10 feet high and 15 feet wide..there were probably a 1000 plus balloons in the arch) and walked up to the food tables. As I was walking towards the table I saw an old lady standing by a tray with some packaged cookies, she had her purse out and was putting them in her purse, it made me laugh so hard to see. The food was pretty yummy and interesting.

While we were eating the food they had the bride and groom doing stuff, first the groom had to put a blindfold on, then they got five people from the crowd and had to guess which one the bride (of course none of them were), he first shook each hand and they asked him to guess. He stood there for a moment and then he asked if he could smell each hand, after he had smelled each hand he said that none of them were (which he was right). They then did another set with the bride, her sister and a couple of other people, he again smelled them and got it right (kind of cute but a little weird at the same time if you ask me). They then for some reason had the groom do push-ups, next he had to do push-ups with the bride sitting on his back, the first one he tried doing he fell down and the bride fell over, then they had to do it again.

I didn’t really know the couple but I am glad that I was able to go and see how a Taiwan reception goes, it was certainly a interesting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment