About Me

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love

(I can't believe that it has been a week since I last posted!)
Today while I was doing some reading for a class/paper I found this really cool quotation that I liked and that I wanted to share with you, it is by President Gordon B. Hinckley (he was the President of my church The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but he sadly passed away in January of last year).
"Love is the very essence of life. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Yet it is more than the end of the rainbow. Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty that arches across the sky on a stormy day. Love is the security for which children weep, the yearning of youth, the adhesive that binds marriage, and the lubricant that prevents devastating friction in the home; it is the peace of old age, the sunlight of hope shining through death. How rich are those who enjoy it in their associations with family, friends, church, and neighbors....love, like faith, is a gift of God."
I thought that this was just beautiful, it paints this wondrous picture of what love is and really should be, it shows me that love can win all and that it is more than the world would have it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment