About Me

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What Happened to Beth?

For Halloween at work we were allowed to dress-up, you actually could wear anything that day, a costume or even just comfortable clothes, but of course you know me I had to dress-up :D I had many different ideas of what I wanted to be, a pumpkin head, a witch, "HELLO My Name Is" name tag, a bag of jelly beans, a pushpin, or one of the fairies from Tinkerbell (two of the bakery girls were being others and invited me to do it with them). I had so many ideas and when it came to the night before Halloween I still wasn't sure what I was going to be, I had bought many different things for the different costumes but none of them were really jumping out at me.
I had bought these stripped pink and black tights to wear with my witch costume so I went to try them on and found that they did not fit :( so with the help of Mom I had to quickly figure out a new costume...I first tried the witch costume and then the fairy costume, I ended up going with the fairy (Mom said that I was Tatiana-the queen of the fairies from Midsummer Nights Dream by Shakespeare)
I bought this witches hat at JoAnn's and I absolutely LOVE it, it has little bats and spiders in the hair and is Absolutely Adorable!
I


My real hair sticking out adds so much to this picture :D
I wore my the witch hat and took some pictures then quickly got ready for the day in my fairy costume---I added so much glitter: on my clothes, skin, and hair, whenever I moved it was shimmery.





I got my wings at JoAnn's also, I thought that they were really pretty and I got so many compliments from customers throughout the day, I can't wait to think of another reason to wear them as they are really pretty.

Mom and I had found these super cute cauldrons and I went to WinCo and bought a bunch of candy and took it to work, I handed it out to almost every child that came through the store. Shanda (one of the other checkers) had a scary mask on so whenever a child would come through her line and start to get scared she would rush to my checkstand and grab the cauldron and take some candy back to help calm their nerves. I had to always be in the checkstand behind her so they wouldn't be too scared.
We had one customer who looked at Shanda and I and said "I aint going to the devil" (Shanda's mask wasn't exactly a happy face) and then came to me. Ahh the funny things that happen.
I was so afraid that it would be hard to work that day and that I would have so many people coming in drunk and trying to buy beer, but strangely I didn't have any problems, I don't even remember selling beer for the last 3 hours or so of my shift. When I drove home it was completely dead, I think that I may have passed 1 or 2 cars. It was the weirdest Halloween ever but so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment