About Me

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Celebration

As most of you are aware last week was Thanksgiving, though I didn't have a traditional celebration I did get to have a celebration. Wednesday evening Natalie came and asked me if I was interested in going to the Chu's house the next day for Thanksgiving lunch, of course I wasn't going to turn down free lunch (though I guess that I get it everyday). We weren't really sure what to expect but were excited to go and see how others might celebrate Thanksgiving. The Chu's live in a dorm owned by Tzu Chi, when our afternoon classes were done Natalie and I biked over there, when we pulled into the parking garage we thought that there were quite a few bikes but didn't really think much about it. We got on the elevator and made our way up to the 11th floor. We walked into their apartment and found not only the sister missionaries, but also 3 sets of elders (yep 3 sets!), Christina is amazing, she had invited all of us (even those elders that don't serve in her branch) to lunch and wasn't letting anyone do anything.
We walked in to find everyone with a glove on their hand pulling apart a chicken and a turkey. It was an interesting sight, we sat down and Christina kept on bringing in more and more food. At one point someone found the brain of the duck and I am pretty sure that Elder Pendleton considered eating it but in the end he didn't.
Once lunch was over we took a couple of group photos and then because they had just received their mail before coming to lunch all the missionaries sat down and opened up their mail, Natalie took quite a few pictures of them opening their mail (as you will see if you go through the pictures). Sister Wood let me read some of the letters from her little brothers and sister, they were quite hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing (though of course I can't really remember anything now to put down). Once we were done we had to leave and bike back quickly to prepare for class that started like 30 minutes after we got home, luckily I had an easy lesson.
Here are the pictures of my Thanksgiving lunch. Enjoy!

Thanksgiving

P.S. What did you do for Thanksgiving this year or what has been your most interesting Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. Beth,

    The missionary on the right in your photo I thought was me for a second. Sounds like you had a fun thanksgiving. We went to Sallee's uncle's house in Lehi and ate way to much food.

    ReplyDelete