About Me

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Power of Flower


In my morning class we were going to make cards for St. Patrick's Day (yeah that's the bonus of being a teacher you can make a holiday more than one day :D). I started my first class and realized that this wasn't going to work, even though I had slept 10 hours last night I didn't have the energy or the voice (I was losing it) to try and do a craft project. So I just let the kids go outside and play for 10 minutes.
I went to my 5 year old class, Wendy saw that I had my markers and asked if they would need theirs. I told her that we were going to do a craft project but that I didn't feel very well and I was losing my voice (she quickly told everyone else in the class--in Chinese) and that we were going to just go outside and play. They all went running out, at different times during the class each girl ran up and gave me a flower or leaf (the boys were too busy playing basketball :D).
It's true what they say, flowers have the power to heal---I've already started to feel better since this morning and my voice is coming back, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment