About Me

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Diabetes Testing

A couple of weeks ago my doctor requested that I come in and take a diabetes test to find out whether I had diabetes, as it is a great concern with my families history.
I had to drink the most disgusting drink that I have ever drank before (it had 10 grams of glucose for every ounce and I had to drink 10 ounces...in 5 minutes or less once I started!), I had to fast for 8 hours before drinking this stuff and I don't think that helped matters any. By the time I finished drinking that stuff I was ready for many swallows of pure water (oh did it taste good!).
This last week I got a phone call from the office informing that my test came back normal...which means that I don't have diabetes! I know that I still need to take care of my body but I'm so glad to hear that I don't diabetes.

1 comment:

  1. I've had to drink that stuff too! At least I'm assuming it's the same as what I drank when I was pregnant. (They test pregnant women for gestational diabetes.) I'm glad everything is normal!

    ReplyDelete