About Me

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My First Snowman!

The Monday night/Tuesday morning before Christmas we had 5+ inches of snow, when we woke up Kyle said "let's build a snowman," I had never built one before so I was game to do it. We didn't start it until later in the evening so the temperature was going down...it made it a little difficult to pack the snow but it was still fun building it.

I was an awesome snowball roller---who would have thunk it? Kyle tried but his kept on falling apart so I got assigned the job to make roll the balls and then Kyle would use a knife to kind of smooth off the edges.

Rolling, rolling...





We wanted to make it a lot bigger but I was rolling one of them on the grass to the side of the deck and it was already 20+ lbs, we were afraid that it was going to get too heavy for us to carry and that it would crumble so we stopped. It came off a little crooked but I'm pretty proud of my very first snowman.

People questioned how this could be my first snowman...I blamed it on growing up on the Oregon coast I believe that we only had snowfall two or three times growing up and yes I have spent a winter in Provo before this but at that time I tried avoiding the snow and the cold that came with it at all cost. I'm still not a huge fan of the cold but I figured I've got to try it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment