About Me

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Giving

Many of you know that I read a blog called Cake Wrecks it is generally a very funny blog that leaves me smiling. From the 11th of December till the 25th they are adding something different to each of their posts, they are including the name of a charity or organization that they will be donating to and are asking that you join them in just giving a dollar a day (you can see their original post about it here.)
For the past week they have been giving to some amazing organizations, things that I would never even have thought of but that were going to people/animals in real need, today's was a little different. Here is what they wrote in their blog:

Today's charity is something different, so I hope you'll bear with me. You see, on Tuesday night 27-year-old Amanda Buckland lost her husband, her 4-year-old son, her 8-month-old daughter, and everything they owned in a house fire. (The house they'd recently begun renting had no smoke detectors.) She and her 12-year-old stepdaughter only escaped thanks to a quick-thinking neighbor with a ladder.

Take a second and think about that level of loss. I, for one, cannot even begin to fathom it.

So today, John and I are donating to the Buckland Family Trust, which was set up by Amanda's employer. I hope you'll join us by donating your dollar, too.


Even though I have lost my Dad I can't even begin to understand what Amanda and her daughter must be feeling, but I echo their words and ask if you will join and give but just a dollar to help her. (The Donate button through paypal can be found at the bottom of this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment