About Me

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Butcher It

Last night my roommate Candace and I went to Smith's do some grocery shopping. I needed some hamburger for the lasagna that I was making for the Stake Leaders. I was looking at the different prices, there was some that was really cheap but you had to buy 5-6 lbs, which I didn't need. I looked over at the butcher counter where they have the pretty meat on display and noticed that it only cost $.10 more per pound (as compared to the smaller packs which cost almost $1 more) and decided to order it from there. I rang the bell, waited until the guy came over, requested a 1 1/2, was handed a white lump and walked away. For some reason this experience left me feeling so grown-up :) I had never ordered meat before from the butcher and it has always seemed like it was something that grown-ups and rich people did...and here I was doing it! Candace told me afterwards that I sounded like I knew what I was doing-yeah for being a "grown-up!"

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on taking a step to be a grownup.

    The scariest grownup experience in my life so far was when I got a big kid job and had to figure out things like health insurance and who I wanted to be the beneficiary of my life insurance policy.

    Then there are the other more frequent moments that make me feel like a grownup.

    Good thing we can still act like children sometimes... Or in my case, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete